Wednesday, 5 November 2014

Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Gel Liner by Kate Emerald Review*


My favourite type of eyeliner has to be gel because I feel it lasts the longer, and is easier to apply. I've stuck to the usual black colour but I've really been wanting to experiment with other colours. This dark green is a perfect way to begin trying other colour gel liners.
That fact it's a dark green colour means that you could wear this as an everyday eyeliner. I've been wearing this quite often recently. Usually when you mess up with a black eyeliner it's quite obvious but I think you can get away with this if you accidentally  rub your eye (i do that quite a lot -_- ) 
Packaging wise it's pretty simple, it comes in a small transparent pot with a black lid. The container is plastic which feels a bit cheap but on the plus side it's quite light. The brush that comes with it is usable but I prefer to use my real techniques eyeliner brush instead.
The application is very smooth and it dries fairly quick. It's pigmented but when applying there may have to go over some areas again.
When I initially looked at the colour I thought it was a standard emerald green colour but when you look closer you can see small tiny little sparkles. I hope you can see from the swatches above the shimmers I'm talking about. I think it makes the eyeliner so much more special. Dark green eyeliner like this tend to look too dark and matte but I think the shimmers make the emerald green really shine through even though it's dark.
Rimmel products are really impressing me lately, can't wait to try more stuff from them!

Have you tried this eyeliner? What's your favourite Rimmed product?

~Kookii♥

Follow me on Bloglovin to stay updated :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment