Wednesday, 13 August 2014

Nars Dual-Intensity Eyeshadow in Subra* Review



I was sent recently a couple of goodies by the lovely Eve from The Hut Group to try out. One of them was this Nars Dual-Intensity Eyeshadow*. When I first opened this I was very intrigued because this isn't like the normal Nars single eyeshadows. After quick search on the internet, I realised these are fairly new. The dual-intensity range of eyeshadows were released just last month

First of I love the packaging! It's so small and cute. It has a magnetic closure and feels very sturdy. This is great to take with you in your make up bag as it hardly takes any space. 

Colour wise it's quite hard to describe exactly what colour this is because it's different in different conditions. As you can see from the swatches that when applied wet/damp the colour is more intense. The colour also varies under different lighting. In the pan it looks dark purple. In natural light, when applied, it looks dark plumy colour with a hint of brown. However, under lights and flash it looks dark brown. 

To test this I did the eye look above and I was very pleased with how it looked considering I only used two colours. This colour is great for smudging the lower lash line and for blending into the crease.  I was quite excited to know that this can be used dry and wet so to try it wet I damped my Real Technique's accent brush and used it to pick up the product. The application was really smooth and I didn't have to go over it many times as it was very pigmented. Not gonna lie but this is better than some gel eyeliners I use. It lasted 9 hours and it looked exactly like how it did in the morning!

These cost £21 a pop eeeh! Pretty pricey, I know considering a normal Nars single eyeshadow cost £18 and you get 2.2 grams of product where as this you only get 1.5grams. BUT...I think the price is justifiable due to it's very unique colour and the fact it can be used dry and wet. You get more use out of the shadow for your money. 

These are going to be available in 12 different colours on the 15th (this Friday). In the meantime, why not check out the rest of the Nars range here! Make sure you're following me on Twitter so I can give you a heads up when they are available :) 
UPDATE: You can now buy them here!  

What colour would you want to get in this eyeshadow?

~Kookii♥ 

Follow me on Bloglovin to stay updated :)

No comments:

Post a Comment