Saturday, 10 August 2013

Fragrance Direct Haul



I am pretty sure many of you have heard of Fragrance Direct which is known for their discount makeup. I have heard so much about it that I thought last week that it's about time I made an order from them and guess what?...I DID! :)

Before I started fishing for products in the website, I searched online for any discount codes or something. I was able to find a free delivery code for orders over £20. I wasn't sure if my order will reach £20 but to my surprise my total was £22.38 which meant I could use the discount code and my final total was £20.39! Yay for free delivery!

This may be a surprise to you but I didn't order any Essie nail polish! Nearly every Fragrance Direct haul I have seen have Essie nail polishes. At only £1.99 I can understand why everyone always buys them. However, if I were to do nail polish shopping as well then I would have probably have added all the nail polishes to my basket. I'll probably do a separate order for nail polishes (though I sneaked in a nail polish into this order anyway).

I ordered this on Wednesday last week and it arrived on the Wednesday this week, so it took 7 days to arrive which felt like forever because I was so excited about the delivery to arrive.

L-R  Angled Eye Shadow Brush, Contour Eye Shadow Brush, Smokey Eye Shadow Brush, Large Eye Shadow Brush, Blending Brush 
Bourjois Une All Purpose Brush
I order mainly consisted of brushes and lip products. I bought some of the Royal Cosmetics brushes mainly because it was so cheap. I haven't used these yet so I'm not completely sure about them. However, I do like the handle of the brush it feels very sturdy and expensive for such a cheap price. Maybe after I use them a bit I might do a separate blog post on them. If I do I will place a link here. I also saw an UNE all purpose brush and it was for only £1.99 so I thought 'Eh! I might as well add it to the basket'. The brush is smaller than I thought it would be. It isn't the softest of brush and a tad bit scratchy to tell you the truth but I still like it to pat on powder or blush.

Revlon Top Speed Nail Polish in Royal

The only nail polish I ordered is Revlon's Top Speed in Royal. I wasn't planning on buying any nail polish but when I saw this I was like - I MUST HAVE IT!! I have been craving a royal navy blue nail polish ever since I saw a Nails Inc nail polish in the colour Baker Street. However, the Nails inc one is £11 but this one was only 99p.

Royal Lashed Out Individual Lashes in Long
I have been wanting to try out individual lashes for a while now so when I saw these for only £1.99 I thought I have to give it a go. I chose the long lashes and I think they are the perfect length for my lashes as my lashes are quite long naturally. It comes with an glue and a mini pair of tweezers. The tweezers aren't that comfortable to use so I might just chuck them away and just use my own tweezers.

L-R Maybelline Sensational Lipstick in Coral Pearl, Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Rouge and Notting Hill , hattan Soft Mat Lip Cream in 53 M, Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Nude Lustre, Astor  Perfect Stay Transferproof Lip Tint in Blushing Rose

I was really excited to see the Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss and I was so happy the shade Coral Reef was in stock when I was browsing but sadly by the time I reached checkout it was out of stock :( Oh Poopie ! I was devastated so to make up for it I decided to buy it in the shade Nude Lustre(which I don't think smells very nice) because I thought it would go well with Rimmel's Moisture Renew lipstick in the shade Notting Hill Nude which I also decided to buy. I came across the Maybelline Colour Sensational Lipstick in the shade Coral Pearl and I was immediately attracted to it mainly because it had the word 'Coral' in it...I ain't gonna lie :) The Rimmel lipsticks are so far so good. I had them for a day so I don't know much but I really like the colour and feel of them. Note to be taken, after taking the picture of the swatches, I tried to wipe them and I noticed that the Rimmel Lipstick in Rouge did stain my arm a bit. Rouge is a very interesting colour because it looks quite dark red as a bullet but when swatched it's much lighter and has a pinky purpley undertone to it. Never judge a lipstick by it's bullet ;) I was also super excited for Manhattan's Soft Mat Lip Cream because it looks like a dupe of NYX's Soft Matte Lip Creams. I have never tried NYX one because I can't easily access it so I can't really compare it with the Manhattan one. I really love the Manhattan Soft Mat Lip Cream! They're so creamy at first but in a minute or two it becomes completely matte. The last lip product I got was Astor's Perfect Stay Lip Tint which is amazing so far.

Mudd Original Face Mask

The only piece of skincare product I purchased was a Mudd Original Face Mask. I haven't used this yet but I am excited.

L-R Maybelline Sensational Lipstick in Coral Pearl, Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Rouge and Notting Hill , hattan Soft Mat Lip Cream in 53 M, Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Nude Lustre, Astor  Perfect Stay Transferproof Lip Tint in Blushing Rose

I might do a separate review for some of these products in the future after I have used them so I can give you my final verdict. If there is a specific product you want me to review then please comment down. If I do do a separate blog post on these then I will link them.

Here is the list of everything I bought and the savings I have made.

Astor Perfect Stay Transferproof Lip Tint (Blushing Rose (151)  - 99p RRP=£4.99
Bourjois Une All Purpose Brush  - £1.99 RRP= £8.49
Manhattan Soft Mat Lip Cream 6.5ml (53 M)  - 99p RRP=£3.99
Maybelline Colour Sensational Lipstick (Coral Pearl (852))  - £1.99  RRP=  £6.99
Mudd Original Mask 50ml  - £2.50  RRP=  £4.99
Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss (Nude Lustre)  - 99p  RRP=  £6.49
Revlon Top Speed Nail Colour 14.7ml (Royal (730))  - 99p  RRP=  £5.99
Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick 4g (Notting Hill Nude (720)) - 99p  RRP= £4.99
Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick 4g (Rouge (850))  - 99p  RRP=  £4.99
Royal Angled Eyeshadow Brush  - 99p
Royal Blending Brush  - £1.50 RRP=£3.99
Royal Conture Eyeshadow Brush  - £1.25 RRP=£3.99
Royal Eyeshadow Brush Large  - £1.25 RRP=£3.99
Royal Individual Lashes (Long)  - £1.99 RRP=£4.99
Royal Smokey Eyeshadow Brush - 99p

Total Cost = £20.39
Total RRP Cost = £70.85
Total Saving = £50.46 <-This is a crazy amount of saving!! O.O

I am overall very pleased with Fragrance Direct and my products. I will definitely be making more orders in the future if they continue to deliver such great products at such amazing prices :)

-Kookii ♥

Have you ever ordered from Fragrance Direct? What would you order?

Follow Me On Bloglovin :)

No comments:

Post a Comment