Friday, 2 August 2013

Bold Pink Gradiant Nail Tutorial





I haven't done my nails in ages so when I did decide to do my nails I knew a simple one colour wasn't gonna satisfy my need for colour. I decided to experiment and try something a bit different not just a plain wash of colour. I hope you like the nails and lets get started with the tutorial (yay! my first ever tutorial).


I decided to go with pink only because I felt like it but if you want you can use different colour combinations. 

This step isn't very important so don't worry if you don't have a base coat, you can just skip this. However, using a base coat will not only protect your nails from staining but also fill in any ridges in your nails so your nail polish application will look sleeker. The nail polish I am using is Barry M's Clear 3 in 1 Basecoat, Topcoat and Nail Hardener.

+

Now just apply any white nail polish. I am using Sally Hansen's white nail polish. It doesn't matter if it gets a bit messy because at the end you can just clean up the edges with a cotton bud and a bit of nail polish remover.



Ok, this bit is a tad bit complicated... nah not really, it's actually really simple. Cut a piece of tape and cut a V-shape. Now before sticking this tape on your nails make sure you stick this to eithter to the back of your hand or your shirt to make the tape less sticky. Make sure that your nail polish is absolutely dry and the tape isn't so sticky because there has been times when the nail polish was ruined because the nail polish wasn't dried fully or the tape was too sticky. Once the tape is only about 25% sticky, place the V-shape two thirds away from the tip of the nail (see picture above). Then apply the light pink colour and quickly but carefully remove the tape. This should leave you with a nice V-shape. Then do this to the rest of your nails. Now you may have some imperfections and mistakes, for example my thumb nail, to fix this just apply white nail polish to make the line sharper. By the way, the pink nail polish is by Barry M in the colour Strawberry Ice Cream.



 
Now this step is the same as the previous step but instead place the V-shape tape half way through the pink nail polish as shown in the photo. Then simply apply the darker nail polish and remove tape. Repeat the same to the rest of your nails. The nail polish I am using is Essie's Tour de Finance.

Apply a top coat to seal everything together and to get a glossy finish. Allow for it to dry and you're basically done except don't forget to use a cotton bud and nail polish remover to clean up around the edges. After that, ladies and gentlemen you have your finished look. 


What do you think of this nail tutorial? How have you painted your nails today?

-Kookii ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment