Friday, 26 July 2013

Revlon PhotoReady Stick Concealer Review+Swatch





Light Shade Swatch


I bought this concealer because I was in desperate need of a concealer ... ANY concealer. When I was in Boots I noticed that Revlon had a 3 for 2 and of course naturally I had to make use of this offer. I don't know why I was just drawn to this concealer ... I guess it was destiny! I love this stuff!

PRICE
This is priced at 6.49 in Boots. This looked quite pricey as you only get 3.1 grams of product but I would recommend that you wait until there is a 3 for 2 on Revlon -which you don't have to wait too long for as there is almost everyday a 3 for 2.

You get 3.1 grams of product and when I saw the tester in the store I immediately thought 'Oh boy, this is gonna run out soon' but I have to say, a little goes a long way!

PACKAGING
I think the packaging is quite handy and practical. I have never owned a roll up concealer before so it was some thing new. Some people may have some problems with using the concealer stick directly on the face and any blemishes as it is quite unhygienic. To overcome this I just rub some on the tip of my fingers and then tap it on any blemishes.

SHADES
One of the downside of this is that it doesn't come in many shades. It comes in Light, Light/ Medium and Medium. Which is quite disappointing. Luckily, I was able to find one that suit me perfectly.

PRODUCT
The product itself I love! I didn't think I would like because I have very dry skin especially around any blemishes. However, I thought that its summer and I think a stick concealer will be better and it is. I originally just used this for my under eyes. I chose a colour that was only one shade lighter than my skin so it didn't really brighten my under eyes. On blemishes its a whole different story. The texture is quite creamy and think so when you put it on a blemish it won't budge or move. But you have to be careful as the texture is thick if you don't use it properly it can look cakey! As I said I have dry skin and it works perfectly and I seriously this will work even better on oiler skin because its so thick and creamy. Oh I forget to say it has SPF 20 which is always a bonus! ^.^

Pros
-Good coverage
-Great for blemishes
-Good price especially with 3 for 2
-Has SPF 20
-Good Packaging
-Creamy texture

Cons
-Doesn't come in a variety of shades
-Unhygienic
-Not that amazing for under the eyes

OVERALL
I love this product and I think its great for all skin type and will cover any imperfection that you may have. I really recommend you give this a go, you won't be disappointed. Will I but this again? Hell Yeah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment